Saturday, March 20th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
KETTERING - A pair of state-ranked teams squared off on Friday night at Kettering Fairmont's Trent Arena for a Division IV regional championship and a berth in the state tournament. It turned out to be a heavyweight fight that . . .
COLUMBUS - The back-and-forth nature of the Minster-Berlin Hiland game meant that whomever had the best chance at a final shot would come out with the win. Hiland had the best chance, Minster just missed. Katelyn Stuckey's la . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Farmer's business going swimmingly
• Governor presents state view while visiting Mercer County
• Deputy patrols will decline after budget cut
• School superintendent didn't get new job
• Two men rescued from sinking boat on Grand Lake
• Stechschulte's have special bond on hardwood
• Kahlig shows why he's the best in D-IV
• Unbeaten Redskins a tough task for Bulldogs
Herman H. Hamrick, 95, of Willshire, died March 17, 2010, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. He was born April 1, 1914, in Chattanooga, Tenn., to William E. and Maude E. Cordell Hamrick. On June 18, 1939, he married Cordel . . .
Irene R. Hoying, 78, 13498 Renee Drive, McCartyville, died at 5 a.m. March 19, 2010, at her home. She was born April 10, 1931, in Shelby County, to Albert and Mathilda Schmitmeyer Schipper. On May 6, 1950, she married Virgil M. . . .