Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - The successful career of head football coach John Reed is ending. Reed has been battling esophageal cancer since he was diagnosed shortly before the Cavaliers began their playoff football run this past season. The . . .
MARIA STEIN - If there is one word to describe the head boy's basketball coaching position at Marion Local, longevity would be it. Keith Westrick stepped down as the Flyers' boy's coach on Monday at the Marion Local Board of Ed . . .
CELINA - The city of Celina may sell 12.5 acres of its industrial park land to Grand Lake Warehousing, a new business expansion of Celina Moving & Storage. Celina City Council members Monday night heard first reading of an ordi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina council has first reading on tax change
• Council OKs land swap to gain more greenspace
• Group meets to taste wine, bier
• Trees to get axed
• Man nets four years in prison for fatal crash
• Time running out to clean up rundown property
• Ring of thieves targeting several local counties
• Rose delivers game-winning hit for Bulldogs
• Parkway starts MAC schedule with a victory
• Stout nearly no-hits Tigers in MAC opener
• Wheat acres down nationally, locally
Edwin Roy Oberlitner, 99, Hearth and Home, Van Wert, died at 4:50 p.m. April 10, 2010, at Van Wert Hospice-Inpatient Center. He was born Nov. 10, 1910, in Deshler to Henry W. and Odessa Jane Smith Oberlitner. On Feb. 20, 1932, . . .
Robert J. Wendel, 85, 1543 Irmscher Blvd., Celina, died at 2 a.m. April 12, 2010, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Nov. 23, 1924, in Liberty Township in Mercer County to Louis P. and Jessie Butcher Wendel. On April 25, . . .
Charlotte Ann Wilson, 73, 5550 Miller Road, Celina, died at 1:53 p.m. April 11, 2010, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. She was born Aug. 5, 1936, in Calloway, Ky., to Roy and Fanni Brooks Hubbard. On Aug. 4, 1956, she marr . . .