Friday, May 7th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - Longtime Coldwater head football coach John Reed lost his battle with cancer this morning at the age of 64. Reed, who was diagnosed with esophageal cancer before last fall's state football playoffs, was surrounded b . . .
COLDWATER - Beads of sweat rolled off the foreheads of Coldwater High School seniors as they cut, yanked and filled the bed of an old Ford pickup truck with branches and debris. They were cleaning the overgrown path that led to . . .
CELINA - In just two years, special education teacher and mother Michelle Houts has become an-award winning novelist who travels from her Celina country home to conferences and appearances throughout the United States. Mostly r . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local case of whooping cough adds to area count
• Health officials: Rockford trailer park complies
• Theater/opera house bartenders in court
• Another man arrested in drug investigation
• St. Henry softball wins at least a share of MAC championship
• Celina boys, Marion girls take early lead at county track meet
• Celina, St. Marys still busy at WBL tourney
• Cavs knock Flyers out of MAC lead
Marjory D. Schmidt, 90, 1929 Cheshire Drive, St. Marys, died at 1:45 p.m. May 6, 2010, at St. Marys Living Center in St. Marys. She was born April 8, 1920, in Shelby County to Irwin H. and Alma Heil Westerbeck. On Oct. 18, 1941 . . .
Betty M. Tangeman, 88, Wapakoneta, died at 11:40 a.m. May 6, 2010, at Wapakoneta Manor. She was born Oct. 3, 1921, in Buckland, to Leslie and Sylvia Devore Zerkel. On June 1, 1941, she married Carol M. Tangeman, who died Oct. 2 . . .
Evelyn C. Yahn, 92, 1122 Motz St., St. Marys, died at 7:50 p.m. May 5, 2010, at the Golden Living-Valley Nursing Home in St. Marys. She was born July 16, 1917, in Piqua, to Raymond and Adeline Barga Francis. She was raised by h . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild