Wednesday, May 26th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Most of city council is on board to gain revenue by asking voters to increase income or property taxes. All council members at a meeting Tuesday agreed that something must be placed on the November election ballot. Cou . . .
MINSTER - Village council members Tuesday night authorized solicitor James Hearn to file declaratory action in Auglaize County Common Pleas Court to determine who is responsible for the cost of moving overhead wires underground a . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Catching elusive ZZZs
• Water tower woes boost painting cost
• Cargill submits lowest bids for road salt
• Root problems lead to ordinance change
• Seniors to receive diplomas
• School board discusses improvements
• Farmers Market adds features
• Trio of Parkway girls announce their college choices
• Huelsman will continue to vault for the Rockets
• Luebke makes season debut in Class AA
Niles B. Amey, 82, Defiance, died May 24, 2010, at the Defiance Area In-Patient Hospice Center in Defiance. He was born Feb. 1, 1928, in Tunncanock, Pa., to Arthur L. and Elizabeth A. Travis Amey. On Aug. 22, 1953, he married B . . .
Calvin Dale Fox, 84, Rockford, died at 4:19 p.m. May 24, 2010, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. He was born Nov. 4, 1925, in Rockford, to Peter and Hazel Stewart Fox. On March 29, 1948, he married Betty Jean Rhodes, who su . . .