Thursday, August 12th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The state will refund dock fees and give discounts for camping and shelter house rental around Grand Lake to help area businesses and individuals affected by the lake's condition. The move will cost the state $172, . . .
CELINA - Goats rule. They're lively and loud and in record numbers at this year's Mercer County Fair. "There's a 25 percent increase in goats this year," said Cheryl McKirnan, coordinator of the junior fair. "Neahs" will be . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• More CREP funds sought for farmers
• Mothers urged to breast-feed
• Variety of drugs available
• Rockford man charged with robbery
• Local man pleads guilty to having sex with minor
• Issues set for November election ballot
• Fans gather to cheer dancer
• New Weston picnic to add flea markets
• Mercer County Fair will be host to motocross event for the first time
Wilma M. Meckstroth, 88, St. Marys, died at 7:35 a.m. Aug. 11, 2010, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Dec. 17, 1921, in Mercer County, to Albert and Minnie Uppenkamp Buschur. On Aug. 30, 194 . . .
Mercer County native Willis L. Martin, 81, Bryant, Ind., died at 10 a.m. Aug. 11, 2010, at Adams Memorial Hospital in Decatur, Ind. He was born April 8, 1929, in Mercer County, to William and Lela Stolz Martin. On July 1, 1950, . . .
Charles J. Bornhorst, 76, St. Henry, died Aug. 12, 2010, at Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. Funeral services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home in St. Henry. . . .
Former Celina resident Mary E. Bilter, 83, Naples, Fla., died Aug. 11, 2010, at her home in Naples, Fla. Services are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home in Celina. . . .