Wednesday, October 13th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The Lake Restoration Commission (LRC) may change its makeup, but the group's goal of a cleaner Grand Lake will remain the same. Exploratory discussions are under way to decide if the LRC, which has raised about $55 . . .
NEW BREMEN - An economist with the Federal Reserve System believes the U.S. economy is improving, even though the slower than expected rebound continues to be a source of concern for many. LaVaughn M. Henry, vice president and . . .
MARIA STEIN - A special group of seniors celebrated in style on Tuesday in their final match at The Hangar, as the Marion Local Flyers wrapped up their second straight Midwest Athletic Conference title with a 25-15, 25-15, and 25 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• County plans to end pay freeze, hike insurance fee
• Private funds sought to expand Extension staff
• Grandson pleads insanity in grandmother's death
• Funds sought for sewer projects
• ODOT: Crashes with deer likely to spike
• Officials consider laptops for students
• Auto dealer moves to larger space
• Family restaurant marks 25th
• St. Marys shares WBL title with O-G
• Titans hand Bulldogs first defeat of season
• Celina's win sets up big showdown on Thursday
• Last week caused shift in positioning
• Parkway cruises past Coldwater in three
Eddie R. Badertscher, 64, Celina, died Oct. 9, 2010, from injuries sustained in a tractor accident in rural Auglaize County. He was born March 2, 1946, in Mercer County, to Don A. and Imogene L. McKee Badertscher. Surviving i . . .
Darlene E. Fullroth, 65, Rossburg, died Oct. 11, 2010, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. She was born Aug. 11, 1945, in Jay County, Ind., to Harry and Alvina Fickert Trafzer. She married Keith A. Fullroth, who died April 28 . . .
Ruth Kremer, 75, Celina, died at 5:45 p.m. Oct. 9, 2010, at her home. She was born March 3, 1935, in St. Sebastian to Gerhard and Ida Goecke Moeller. On Nov. 21, 1959, she married Stanley Kremer, who survives in Celina. Also . . .
Former Coldwater resident, Dennis Joseph "Denny" Hein, 78, Vevay, Ind., died at 12:47 a.m. Oct. 12, 2010, at Hospice East Unit in Cincinnati. He was born July 17, 1932, in Chickasaw, to Joseph and Eleanor Clune Hein. On July 11 . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild