Saturday, October 16th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - With their playoff lives on the line, the Coldwater Cavaliers dug deep and clawed back from a 14-point deficit to rout the Marion Local Flyers by a score of 42-21 on Friday night at Cavalier Stadium. After the Flyer . . .
ROCKFORD - New Bremen jumped out to a 21-0 lead, only to see Parkway rally after several Cardinal turnovers and the score was tied early in the fourth quarter. New Bremen, however, got a score midway through the fourth quarter . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Finances improve, city still struggling
• Elections office hours increased for absentee voting
• EMA director plans to retire
• Sheriff's office to honor K-9 Bleck
• Big interest in grass mowing services
• Celina is blown out of first in the WBL
• Strong start for local golfers
• Minster continues late-season success
• St. John's has sole possession of first place in the MAC
• St. Henry unable to contain Anna's speed
• Cougars keep 'Riders winless in the WBL
Former Mercer County resident George Kalal, 79, of Mountain Trace Nursing Home, Sylva, N.C., died Oct. 14, 2010, at Harris Regional Hospital, Sylva. He was born March 13, 1931, in Chicago, Ill., to Anna and George J. Kalal. On . . .
Josephine A. Miller, 88, St. Henry, died Oct. 14, 2010, at Briarwood Manor Nursing Home in Coldwater. She was born July 6, 1922, in Derby, Colo., to Gene E. and Hildaguard Bahl Mathewson. On June 2, 1956, she married Robert L. . . .