Thursday, October 28th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
As scary as Halloween might be, that's nothing compared to an economy trying to dig itself out of a recession. But local retailers say the season for ghouls and goblins has led to a positive turn in sales, giving hope for the f . . .
KALIDA - The Parkway volleyball team got an early wake-up call on Wednesday night in Kalida. Evergreen opened the Division III district semifinal with a 25-21 win, but Parkway rallied to win the next three - 25-15, 25-20 and 25 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Bedbugs creeping into our daily lives
• Two candidates face off for auditor
• Bar owner appealing loss of liquor license
• Rockford hopes to bring Arts in the Park to town
• Sewer installation, baseball diamond near completion
• Two-car garage goes up in flames
• Findlay knocks out Celina by shutout
• Bulldogs blow by Maumee in three
• Playoffs still possible for Green and White
• Grand Lake Football Primer
• Roger Waters brings album to stage
Donald H. Miller, 83, Celina, died at 3:40 a.m. Oct. 28, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. He was born Dec. 17, 1926, in Celina, to Raymond B. and Mary Catherine Streacker Miller. Surviving are a sister, Shirley Homan, . . .
Faye A. Hirschfeld, 89, New Bremen, died at 11:10 a.m. Oct. 26, 2010, at Elmwood of New Bremen. She was born Dec. 12, 1920, in Wapakoneta, to Harvey and Ruth Gilbert Pfenning. On July 5, 1941, she married Wilson L. Hirschfeld, . . .