Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, October 28th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
As scary as Halloween might be, that's nothing compared to an economy trying to dig itself out of a recession. But local retailers say the season for ghouls and goblins has led to a positive turn in sales, giving hope for the f . . .
KALIDA - The Parkway volleyball team got an early wake-up call on Wednesday night in Kalida. Evergreen opened the Division III district semifinal with a 25-21 win, but Parkway rallied to win the next three - 25-15, 25-20 and 25 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Bedbugs creeping into our daily lives
• Two candidates face off for auditor
• Bar owner appealing loss of liquor license
• Rockford hopes to bring Arts in the Park to town
• Sewer installation, baseball diamond near completion
• Two-car garage goes up in flames
• Findlay knocks out Celina by shutout
• Bulldogs blow by Maumee in three
• Playoffs still possible for Green and White
• Grand Lake Football Primer
• Roger Waters brings album to stage
Donald H. Miller, 83, Celina, died at 3:40 a.m. Oct. 28, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. He was born Dec. 17, 1926, in Celina, to Raymond B. and Mary Catherine Streacker Miller. Surviving are a sister, Shirley Homan, . . .
Faye A. Hirschfeld, 89, New Bremen, died at 11:10 a.m. Oct. 26, 2010, at Elmwood of New Bremen. She was born Dec. 12, 1920, in Wapakoneta, to Harvey and Ruth Gilbert Pfenning. On July 5, 1941, she married Wilson L. Hirschfeld, . . .