Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Several property owners in southern Mercer County already have signed legal agreements with wind energy companies. According to the Mercer County Recorder's office, at least 18 tracts of rural land are under contract with wind . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• District may hire consultant to assess facilities
• Cyber Monday tops Black Friday in sales
• Bettinger goes from injured list to starting state title game
• Celina hungry for more postseason success
• Bulldogs will have a new look this season
• Bruns takes over as head coach of Coldwater
• Rebounding a concern for Coldwater's girls
• Indians will be young and learning on the fly
• Bihn has cautious outlook for Fort Recovery
• DeLaney implementing new style with Flyers
• Marion Local will be relying on its versatility
• Lee hoping success in football carries over
• Stechschulte welcomes back a talented squad
• New Bremen was hit hard by graduation
• Cardinals have new head coach in Eckert
• Rangers putting more emphasis on defense
• Hegemier has depth concerns at New Knoxville
• Panthers hope for better results in tight games
• Parkway focused on steady improvement
• Rosenbeck optimistic about the Redskins
• St. Henry girls undergoing a youth movement
• Hegemier has Riders headed in right direction
• Fullmer expects St. Marys to contend in WBL
• Bulldogs have big expectations for swim season
• Cavaliers hope to rally around the veterans
• Klosterman excited for upcoming season
• Dalrymple learning on the fly for Minster
• Ritter is hoping for improvement
• Menchhofer optimistic for an improvement
• Doner will lead the way for young Bulldogs
• Schmidt moves to head chair for Cavaliers
• Roughriders will be young, inexperienced
Fort Loramie native William B. Barlage, 71, Dayton, died Nov. 29, 2010, at his home. He was born Sept. 14, 1939, in Fort Loramie to Julius and Marie Middendorf Barlage. On Oct. 24, 1959, he married Margery Schwartz, who surviv . . .
Robyn Mallory, 46, St. Marys, died Nov. 27, 2010, at her home. She was born April 6, 1964, in St. Marys to Robert and Sharon Smith Taylor, who are deceased. On Feb. 24, 1984, she married Thomas Mallory, who survives. Also s . . .
Donald W. Myers, 82, St. Marys, died 4:35 p.m. Nov. 27, 2010, at Celina Manor Nursing Home in Celina. He was born March 20, 1929, in Ohio City to Raymond and Ethel Stemen Myers. He married Sue Meyers, who is deceased. Survi . . .
Charles I. "CW" Weitzel, 54, Fort Recovery, died Nov. 28, 2010, in Fort Recovery of an apparent heart attack. He was born Aug. 24, 1956, in Coldwater to Cletus and Mary Ann Rammel Weitzel. His mother survives in Fort Recovery& . . .
Former Celina resident Cynthia J. Morris, 55, Kilmarnock, Va., died Nov. 24, 2010. She was born Aug. 27, 1955, in Van Wert to Robert E. Sr. and Marjorie Walser McElroy. Her father is deceased and her mother survives in Monroe, . . .
Former Fort Recovery resident Kathryn L. Stein, 93, Miami, Fla., died Nov. 28, 2010, at her home. She was born Nov. 16, 1917, in Sandoval, Ill., to Herbert and Catherine Cook Hipsher. On Jan. 30, 1937, she married Ferdinand St . . .
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23