Wednesday, February 9th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Revenue is estimated to be $1 million less this year for Mercer County, mostly due to a huge loss in state funds. But the financial outlook isn't all "gloom and doom," county commissioner Bob Nuding told elected and appointed o . . .
A finance meeting Tuesday with top Mercer County officials ended in a debate about employee raises. At the conclusion of the meeting, Sheriff Jeff Grey praised retiring auditor Mark Giesige for his long-term devotion to the cou . . .
ST. MARYS - Greg Phillips was well aware of the tradition of the St. Marys football program long before he applied for the head coaching position. Approved by the St. Marys Board of Education on Tuesday night, Phillips brings 2 . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Upgrade could save St. Marys mill, bridge
• Lack of signatures nixes candidate's run
• Lowest bidder chosen for Kuest Ditch project
• Parkway board discusses possible budget reductions
• 2011 Auglaize bridge program presented to commissioners
• Woman injured in home fire
• Baughman stadium to get upgrades
• BOE still considering adding tax levy to November ballot
• Fort freshmen to get computers
• Right tenants needed to fill openings
• Roughriders remain unbeaten in the WBL
• Bruns will have a busy running schedule at BGSU
• Bulldogs hold on to beat Crestview
Kevin W. Niemeyer, 54, of St. Marys and formerly of Celina, died at 11:04 a.m. Feb. 8, 2011, at his home in St. Marys. He was born Sept. 1, 1956, in Celina, to Paul and Marilyn Peak Niemeyer. On Jan. 20, 1979, he married Judy . . .
Josephine Mary Bruns, 89, Yorkshire, died Feb. 7, 2011, in Newark. She was born March 26, 1921, to Anton and Sophia Holscher Wenning. On June 25, 1947, she married Harold J. Bruns, who died Oct. 3, 1973. Surviving are five . . .
Roseanna C. Holthaus, 79, Fort Loramie, died Feb. 7, 2011, at Wilson Memorial Hospital in Sidney. She was born Oct. 23, 1931, in Minster, to Julius E. and Clara Bruns Heitkamp. On May 8, 1957, she married Anthony C. Holthaus, . . .
Betty L. Heitman, 83, Anna, died at 9:06 p.m. Feb. 7, 2011, at Wilson Memorial Hospital in Sidney. She was born May 2, 1927, in Botkins, to Kenneth and Melva Koons Hamp. On April 25, 1945, she married Raymond Heitman, who surv . . .