Friday, February 25th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - If ag producers don't step up, their livelihoods could be at stake, according to a local agriculture official. Chris Gibbs, executive director of the Mercer County Farm Service Agency and a defender of livestock p . . .
CELINA - Long-time community members and one newcomer on Thursday night won the annual awards presented by the Celina Mercer County Chamber of Commerce. Joan Kiser, director of the Center for Neurological Development in Burkett . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• School officials decide on cuts
• Coldwater squad to get help from local departments
• Winter storm hits county with all its flurry
• Sheriff to pay staff overtime with grant
• Private dock fees on lake discounted 50 percent
• Commissioners hold first grant hearing
• Order of the Eastern Star part of largest fraternal group in the world
• Podium eludes local swimming standouts
• It has been a steady climb to the top for Bihn at Celina
• Looking back 50, 25 and 10 years ago
• Robbins nets winning goal for the Bulldogs
Ruth C. Gerlach, 87, Fort Recovery, died at 10:50 a.m. Feb. 24, 2011, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. She was born Aug. 28, 1923, in Cranberry to Bernard and Julia Fiely Meiring. On Sept. 1, 1945, she married, Wilbert Gerlac . . .
Richard S. Bergman, 89, New Bremen, died at 5:58 p.m. Feb. 23, 2011, in the emergency room of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. He was born April 10, 1921, in Maria Stein to Lawrence and Frances Bruns Berg . . .
Joan R. Brandewie, 74, North Star, died 2:55 p.m. Feb. 24, 2011, at Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. She was born Dec. 28, 1936, in Chickasaw to Elmer and Hilda Kremer Bohman. On May 21, 1960, she married Jerry Br . . .
Mary Kintsle, 63, Wapakoneta, died Feb. 24, 2011, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Home in St. Marys. . . .