Saturday, February 26th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - Jerry and Mary Lou May hope to someday look out their window and see wind turbine blades spinning. The couple believe their farmland along Lange Road could help Ohio and the rest of the country produce the alternati . . .
CELINA - Forgive the Celina boys basketball team for being selfish, they weren't in the sharing mood. The Bulldogs weren't satisfied with a share of the Western Buckeye League championship, so they went out and won it all for t . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Gas prices jump due to Middle East unrest
• Celina closer to having renewable energy center
• Rangers' defense frustrates Redskins
• Coldwater stops 11-game losing skid
• Wildcats battle back from sluggish start
• Indians top Cardinals for third straight win
• Bath's rally comes up short against Defiance
• Season is over for local swimmers
Former New Knoxville resident Ruth E. Shupp, 96, died at 7:56 p.m. Feb. 24. 2011, at Auglaize Acres, Wapakoneta. She was born Aug. 11, 1914, in New Bremen, to Clyde and Rose Stienecker Shellenberger. On Feb. 15, 1941, she marri . . .
Mary K. Kintsle, 63, of rural Wapakoneta, died at 8:28 a.m. Feb. 24, 2011, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born June 27, 1947, in Pineville, Ky., to Willie and Mossie Miracle Thompson. On Aug. 4, 1979, she married S . . .
Donald F. "Don" Brumbaugh, 76, of Greenville, died Feb. 25, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton. He was born April 21, 1934, in Darke County, to Orville and Etoile Marie Brandt Brumbaugh. His wife, Arb Christian, survives . . .