Thursday, March 24th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
BURKETTSVILLE - Linda Thieman has dedicated much of her life to helping others, but Wednesday night it was she and her husband who received assistance that likely saved their lives. Thieman and her husband were awoken Wednesday . . .
ST. MARYS - Arts Place Collective Center is celebrating the art of Easter with a Pysanky class. Kat Koeller of New Bremen earlier this week helped a local group learn the basics of this folk art, which utilizes eclectic tools s . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Towns hot zones for lead poison
• ESC superintendent discusses proposed state budget cuts
• Fort Recovery BOE down to four candidates for school superintendent
• Rockford man sentenced to Worth Center for treatment
• Pharmacist wins top business award
• Felony charges filed in Walmart theft
• Sielschott was a three-sport star for the Bulldogs
• Fleagle, Borgerding finish strong for Waves
William C. King, 95, St. Henry, died at 10 a.m. March 23, 2011, at the Gardens at St. Henry. He was born March 12, 1916, in Sharpsburg, to Albert and Veronica Wourms King. On Nov. 25, 1937, he married Laura Davis, who died Apri . . .
Blanche G. Humbert, 97, Celina, died at 3:30 a.m. March 23, 2011, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Oct. 23, 1913, in Celina to Nick and Pearl Painter Humbert. Surviving are several nieces and nephews. Deceased are . . .
Alma M.Bergman, 82, Yorkshire, died March 23, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. She was born Dec. 27, 1928, in St. Anthony to Peter and Regina Homan Rauh. On Oct. 3, 1959, she married Joseph J. Be . . .
Doris L. Tinnerman, 87, New Knoxville, died at 1:25 p.m. March 23, 2011, at the St. Marys Living Center. She was born Nov. 29, 1923, in Spencerville, to Walter and Mary Counts Lauth. On Sept. 23, 1943, she married Karl Tinnerma . . .