Wednesday, April 6th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Kozy Marina manager Ted Goodwin watched as pea-sized alum pellets were broadcast from the front of a pontoon and into the Grand Lake channel near his family's business on Tuesday. Goodwin, and dozens of other busin . . .
CELINA - Putting runners on base wasn't a problem for the Celina baseball team, but bringing them home was a different story. An inability to get a timely hit spoiled Celina's Western Buckeye League opener as the Bulldogs stran . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Calamity days bill at impasse
• Village invites input on street project
• County seizes excess car title fees
• Village, school cross paths over stop sign
• Council discusses plans to reduce flooding
• Winner Photography plans move to west industrial park
• Chiropractor stresses rehabilitation, training
• Offense carries St. Henry over Minster
• Panthers edge Knights with run in the eighth
Betty Louise Hammons, 88, St. Marys, died April 4, 2011, at St. Marys Living Center. She was born Sept. 28, 1922, near St. Marys to Ferd and Marie Casperson Meyers. On April 26, 1942, she married Charles Hammons, who died March . . .
Wayne P. Meyer, 51, Minster, died at 10:55 a.m. on April 5, 2011, at his home following a battle with cancer. He was born April 16, 1959, in Dayton, to Kenneth and Alvera Broerman Meyer. On June 8, 1978, he married Annette Mors . . .
Robert H. Beougher, 89, Celina, died today, April 6, 2011 at the Ohio Veterans Home, Georgetown. Arrangements are pending at W. H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .