Friday, April 15th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Wright State University-Lake Campus Interim Dean Bonnie Mathies has been tapped to be the new dean, effective May 1. Mathies, 68, first served as associate dean at the Lake Campus in 2007 and then became interim dean in June 20 . . .
Tourism dollars in the Grand Lake area are down more than $10 million in the last two years. "Take a tough economy and add to that the negative issues surrounding Grand Lake St. Marys, and there probably aren't too many of you . . .
MINSTER - The New Bremen Cardinals combined early offense and great defense with a solid pitching performance from Megan Broerman to defeat the Minster Wildcats 8-2 in Midwest Athletic Conference softball play on Thursday at Four . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Evers trial rescheduled a third time
• Former senator calls Republicans 'bullies'
• Referendum is planned on S.B. 5
• Facing off
• County seeks builder for floating wetland
• Farmers to get advice on manure rules
• Visitors bureau honors three for contributions
• Deputies investigate break-ins at New Knoxville school
• Group gathers to discuss the 'Time In-Between'
• Panthers get off to quick start vs. Cavs
• Henry hopes to continue momentum as ALMS drivers invade Eldora
• Coldwater rallies to win in eighth
Former Celina resident Bruce E. Colvin, 62, Baldwinsville, N.Y., died Dec. 4, 2010. Surviving are his daughters, Tara (Michael) Page, Camillus, N.Y., and Charisse Colvin, Vestal, N.Y.; brothers, Kendal (Cynthia) Colvin, Ma . . .
Larry Edward "Pappy" Tomlinson, 70, Celina, died at 10:43 a.m. April 13, 2011, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Aug. 12, 1940, in Stonega, Va., to Bill and Maxie Smith Lawson. His father is deceased; his mother sur . . .
James L.Bubp, 73, Fort Recovery, died April 15, 2011, at Lima Memorial Hospital. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .
Mostly cloudy, snow
Mostly cloudy, snow