Wednesday, May 25th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The first line of defense against Grand Lake's toxic blue-green algae is preparing to launch. A Nebraska company Tuesday began mobilizing equipment at the West Bank boat ramp area to apply 2.6 million gallons of al . . .
CELINA - Last month's tornado will cost the city at least $153,665.97, according to preliminary estimates. The total cost includes estimated property damage, assistance from outside entities and tree cleanup at Eastview Park. . . .
NEW BREMEN - Village residents are invited to have coffee with their elected officials. In an effort to improve communications with the public, New Bremen Mayor Jeff Pape has decided to establish times citizens can have coffee . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Largest roundup of drug suspects
• Five-year financial plan shows shortfall in 2013
• Bids slightly under estimate for road project
• Diplomas presented to Minster seniors Sunday
• High school plans installation of wireless computer system
• Trio indicted on methamphetamine charges
• Boutique sells designer brands
• Minster peaking at the right time
• St. Henry facing no slouch in Tinora
• Parkway's Crowell and Esselstein sweep MAC's top honors
• Coldwater's standout catcher tabbed best player in the league
There are no obituaries for this day.