Tuesday, May 24th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - A new downtown brick street should be finished sometime this week, weather permitting, village administrator Randy Diller said. Work on the $130,000 N. Wayne Street project began two weeks ago. VTF Excavation . . .
A new, public website provides information on breath tests given to suspected drunken drivers. The online site - publicapps.odh.ohio.gov/BreathInstrument - shows da . . .
COLDWATER - Mayor Vern Stammen closed Monday's village council meeting by announcing he would not be seeking re-election in November. He then endorsed councilman Joseph Knapschaefer, who announced he would be running for the seat . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mercer has lowest joblessness in Ohio
• Celina closes deal for energy center
• Hierholzer Street to receive much needed reconstruction
• Switch from broadband to narrowband to be pricey
• Marion sewer project wrapping up
• Celina seniors prepare for graduation
• Minster's Phlipot will join OSU track team
• Dahlinghaus running track, CC at BGSU
• Shawnee sweeps top awards in league
• Celina's Knapke named a first-teamer
• VW All-Star Football game June 10
Judy A. Jansen, 68, St. Henry, died at 1:15 p.m. May 23, 2011, at her home. She was born June 23, 1942, in Dayton, to Irenus and Delphina Stelzer Quinter. On June 25, 1966, she married Paul J. Jansen, who survives in St. Henry. . . .
The Rev. Leo A. Hoying, 80, Carthagena, died May 22, 2011, at St. Charles Center. He was born July 10, 1930, in St. Patrick, to William and Regina Bernard Hoying. He was ordained May 26, 1956, by Archbishop Karl J. Alter. Sur . . .
Marie H. Hegemier, 69, Sidney, died at 5:40 p.m. May 21, 2011, at her home. She was born Aug. 11, 1941, in Decatur, Ind., to Kenneth and Ruth Holle Ohler. Surviving are four children, Steve (Kimberly) Fortney, Yukon, Okla., R . . .
Virginia R. Metzcar, 88, Versailles, died May 22, 2011, at Versailles Health Care Center. She was born July 29, 1922, in Darke County, to Harry and Inez Baird Rickert. She married Paul Metzcar, who is deceased. Surviving are . . .
Colder, snow showers
Colder, snow showers