Thursday, August 4th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
More sheriff deputy cruisers are traveling area roadways. Deputies Megan Baker and Mike Link, both of Coldwater, began their new duties Tuesday. Deputy Carla Guggenbiller of Fort Recovery will start patrols Sunday. All three fo . . .
GRAND LAKE - A class action lawsuit blaming local farmers for Grand Lake's poor water quality may be moving forward. Two meetings were held in Celina on Tuesday for invited lake business owners and residents who want to join th . . .
The Miami-Erie Canal is no longer in use, but towns from Miami to Henry counties soon will be connected via trails along its towpath. Each community is realizing the importance of their history and the canal, said Neal Brady, e . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Local salmonella cases not linked to poultry
• Many campers combine family vacation, fair competition
• Appointments may be made through website
• Residents unhappy with new park plans
• Couple critical after motorcycle-car crash
• Investigation in fatal shooting of child continues
• Artfest shows off community talent
• Top seed rolls; Locos get shut out by Settlers
Kelly Gene Now, 54, Rockford, died at 6:30 a.m. Aug. 3, 2011, at the Laurels of Shane Hill after a short battle with cancer. He was born April 2, 1957, in Celina to Jerry L. and Phyllis Ross Now, who survive. Also surviving a . . .