Friday, August 19th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
With only one day of poor weather, the 159th Mercer County Fair went off nearly without a hitch, according to fair manager Steve Schulte. Presale tickets and passes were down $2,281 from 2010 but the gate totals ended up $5,804 . . .
NEW BREMEN - The newest employee at the local wastewater department ruffles feathers and keeps unwelcome visitors at bay, but village officials have no complaints. After all, he works cheaply and requires no health insurance or . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Absent members stall location debate
• Wangler seeks new trial after allegation of juror misconduct
• Panel member predicts success in spending cuts
• Flush with funds - District has money for septics
• Officials OK $1.1 million debt for lagoon
• Sentencing set for woman in handicapped son's death
• Redskins win on tiebreaker
Tommy Lee Combs, 44, formerly of Celina, died Aug. 14, 2011, at his home in Bridgeport, Texas. He was born Jan. 24, 1967, to Ann Combs, who survives in Celina, and the late Carl Thomas Combs. Also surviving are his wife, Mich . . .
Gertrude F. Muhlenkamp, 78, Portland, Ind., died Aug. 17, 2011, at Persimmon Ridge Healthcare in Portland. She was born in Germany on May 21, 1932. She married Lewis J. Muhlenkamp, who died in 1984. Services are 10 a.m. Satur . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4