Tuesday, October 25th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ROCKFORD - Middle and high school students cheered as 12-year-old Jayden Black quietly took the stage at Parkway Local School and was presented a hero medal and T-shirt for saving his brother's life. Jayden was being honored by . . .
ELIDA - A Coldwater defensive breakdown resulted in Delphos St. John's scoring two goals in less than 30 seconds as the Blue Jays earned a 4-1 win over the Cavaliers in the Division III girls' soccer sectional tournament on Monda . . .
COLDWATER - Residents received a census survey with their recent water bill. According to the village charter, a census survey must be completed every 10 years to determine if a population change requires redistricting of the v . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Residents concerned about second digester
• Celina's next mayor must pay toward city medical plan
• BOE looks for best use of vacant school
• Village seeks to enhance its website
• Shelter house will be completed this week
• Man rams car into business
• Mercer maintains lowest unemployment rate
• Last week to make a move for postseason
• St. Henry sweeps top honors in the MAC
• Cavs end sectional drought; Cardinals swept in three games
Virgil D. Hudson, 96, St. Marys, died at 5:50 p.m. Oct. 21, 2011, at Golden Living Center-Valley, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 23, 1915, in rural Auglaize County, to Albert and Louise Hoewischer Hudson. On May 9, 1948, he marrie . . .
Rev. Edward Joyce, C.PP.S., 81, died Oct. 22, 2011, in the infirmary at St. Charles Center, Carthagena. He was born July 7, 1930, in Cleveland, to Peter and Loretta Murphy Joyce. He entered the Society in 1944, and was ordained . . .
Corinne "Corky" Arlene Youngs, 85, Celina, died Oct. 23, 2011, at St. John's Hospital, Anderson, Ind. She was born Oct. 24, 1925, in St. Marys, to Cecil and Ruby Minckley Mallory. On May 1, 1945, she married William T. Youngs, . . .