Friday, October 7th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
SIDNEY - A former sheriff will temporarily take the reins in Shelby County while the current one battles felony charges in two counties. Sheriff Dean Kimpel, 57, consented to a temporary suspension Thursday - at the request of . . .
ST. MARYS - The St. Marys Roughriders completed a huge week of volleyball as they posted two must-wins to stay alive in the Western Buckeye League race. On Thursday night, St. Marys defeated the Ottawa-Glandorf Titans 25-22, 2 . . .
COLDWATER - Need a barometer to see how next week's Midwest Athletic Conference cross country meet could pan out? The Lions Invitational provided it. If Thursday was an indicator, hold on to your hats next week! With all 10 M . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina board looks at new school options
• Residents still paying on previous school construction projects
• Emergency personnel scramble to crash
• Unused landfill owners still not compliant
• Health staff to get emergency training
• Lawsuit would hurt lake cooperation
• Four downtown projects get approval
• Lighthouse beams over private pond at St. Charles Center
• Bulldogs slide into first place
• Eldora closes 2011 season this weekend
• St. Henry drops a game but beats rival in four
• Celina advances five to districts
LaVida B. "Rusty" Grimm, 90, Celina, died Oct. 6, 2011, at the Gardens of Celina. She was born June 9, 1921, in La Carne, to the Rev. Gaile and Gertrude Cunningham VanTilbrough. She married Robert "Lloyd" Grimm, who is deceased . . .
Former Maria Stein resident Viola M. Kinninger VanSkiver, 88, died at 2:55 a.m. Oct. 6, 2011, at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices, St. Marys, where she had been a resident for more than six years. She was born July 19, 1923, . . .
Janice E. Hart, 64, Fort Recovery, died Oct. 7, 2011, at Community Hospital, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .