Saturday, November 5th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COVINGTON - After slumping in the latter stages of the regular season, Coldwater players knew it was make-or-break time in the postseason opener. Coldwater's defense secured an early Covington fumble and the Cavs turned it into . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Veterans' memorial planned in St. Henry
• Collective bargaining up to voters
• Celina voters asked whether to repeal tax
• Marion Township voters will see new levy
• Two candidates vying for Celina auditor's seat
• Tax issues in Mercer, Auglaize counties
• Sunday liquor sales
• Unopposed races in Mercer, Auglaize county
• Standard View
• Tigers earn a rematch with Cavs
• Girls' sports have come a long way in last 37 years
Edward J. "Bud" Ahlers, 82, Burkettsville, died Nov. 4, 2011, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Nov. 26, 1928, in St. Henry to Edward and Elizabeth Uppenkamp Ahlers. On Dec. 27, 1952, he married Catherine "Katy" . . .
Deborah M. Pleiman Bruns, 61, Englewood, died Nov. 3, 2011, at The Hospice of Dayton. She is survived by her husband of 26 years, Frederick "Fred" Bruns; siblings, Janet (James) Murray of Miamisburg, Harold (Angela) Pleiman . . .
Alice J. Gengler, 85, Coldwater, died at 6:47 p.m. Nov. 3, 2011, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Nov. 29, 1925, in Dayton to Edward H. and Elnora E. Borgerding Kemper. On June 28, 1952, she married James N. Gengl . . .
Richard J. Huber, 56, Coldwater, died Nov. 2, 2011, at his residence. He was born Sept. 26, 1955, in Celina, to Joseph and Agnes Huber. His father is deceased; his mother survives in Coldwater. Also surviving are nine sib . . .