Friday, November 4th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - An early book release and scheduled appearance of its author this weekend underscores the continued recognition of Fort Recovery as a place of great historic importance. This time, the acknowledgment is coming f . . .
ONTARIO - The tournament trail for Celina's volleyball team usually starts to get bumpy at the regional level. This year was no different as Celina's season came to a crashing halt at Ontario High School for the sixth straight . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Federal funds to help finance wetlands restoration project
• Budget increase explained
• Officials to decide on countywide tax
• Three vie for Minster council seats
• Do Ohioans want federal-run health care?
• When is a judge too old to serve?
• Minster voters to decide on improvement levy on ballot
• Auglaize courthouse renovation costs much higher than estimates
• #1 St. Henry vs. #2 Lehman for regional title
• Heitkamp, Gusching voted best in MAC
• Lockland will feature running game
• SCC dangerous through the air
Roberta E. Barnes, 94, St. Marys, died at 6:06 p.m. Oct. 28, 2011, at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices, St. Marys. She was born April 24, 1917, in Willow Springs, Mo., to Frank and Carrie Bell Ball Ruby. Surviving are a son . . .
Dale Eversman, 30, rural New Bremen, died Nov. 3, 2011, at his residence. Auglaize County Coroner Thomas R. Freytag has ordered an autopsy be performed to determine the cause of death. Arrangements are being handled by Miller . . .
Richard Huber, 56, Coldwater, died Nov. 2, 2011, at his residence. Services are pending with Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Marcella R. "Sally" Nagy, 89, Coldwater, died at 8:45 a.m. Nov. 3, 2011, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Aug. 9, 1922, in Coldwater, to Albert and Margaret Mescher Rosengarten. On April 27, 1946, she married Mike . . .