Thursday, November 3rd, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - A plan of short- and long-term strategies to fight toxic algae blooms in Grand Lake has been released. Battelle Institute of Columbus, a nonprofit research and development firm, created the plan after sifting throu . . .
ST. MARYS - The school board's grounds and buildings committee is recommending the full board accept a $332,000 tennis complex design. The base estimate covers a five-court design, with the courts sitting side-by-side, 12 feet . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina budget request up slightly
• Seven candidates seek four seats on St. Marys council
• Three candidates vying for mayor in St. Marys
• Five seek two seats on New Bremen school board
• Administrative fee for vaccinations may go up
• Hiring of human resource director discussed at meeting
• Three vie for two ESC seats
• Cavaliers face unbeaten Buccs
• Local runners ready for state meet
• Keselowski to speak at annual Race Fans night
• Grand Lake Football Primer
John W. Robbins, 69, rural Celina, died Nov. 1, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born April 13, 1942, in Celina, to Roy A. and Opal G. Monroe Robbins. On May 7, 1977, he married Naomi Hover, . . .
LeDoyle "Farmer" Figley, 103, Rockford, died at 8:30 p.m. Nov. 1, 2011, at the Laurels of Shane Hill. He was born Aug. 25, 1908, near Rockford, to James and Goldie Hook Figley. On Oct. 22, 1930, he married Mabel Agnes Strickler . . .
Donna J. Haines, 80, St. Marys, died at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 2, 2011 at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital. She was born Jan. 18, 1931, in St. Marys, to Adrian "Hap" and Grace Langsdon Howell. On June 10, 1951, she married Ri . . .
Mark A. Brandewie, 73, Minster, died at 3:34 p.m. Nov. 1, 2011, at OSU Medical Center, Columbus. He was born Dec. 18, 1937, in Egypt, to Carl and Odelia Cron Brandewie. On Oct. 10, 1959, he married Sharon L. Bachman, who died A . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4