Thursday, December 22nd, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A pending law could make it easier for farmers to build manure digesters and algae growing facilities on their land. The Ohio House of Representatives unanimously passed House Bill 276, which seeks to change the definition of a . . .
Two Indiana residents appeared recently in Mercer County Common Pleas Court for sentencing on charges stemming from the theft of meat from customers of a Fort Recovery business. Darren M. Sain, 50, and Ladonna L. Williams, 52, . . .
Fifty-seven years ago, the Willshire High School Bearcats were perched on the pinnacle of the boys' high school basketball world. Logging 29 victories over the course of the 1954-55 campaign, the tiny school nestled on the Ohi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Family heals through giving
• Costly fix for leaky city tower
• St. Marys names interim director
• Troopers beefing up patrol
• Rockford official urges land buy for future development
• Bank OKs buying city notes to finance lake walkway debt
• Celina drops priciest insurance plan
• Commissioners move to reduce personnel's travel expenses
• Arts Place holding grand opening at new location
• Asset Allocation Associates Holiday Basketball Tournament
Former Minster resident Rose Mary Beckman, 97, died Dec. 21, 2011, at Auglaize Acres, Wapakoneta, where she had been a resident for 30 years. She was born Dec. 5, 1914, in Coldwater, to Aloys and Anna Moorman Beckman. She later . . .
Former Montezuma resident William George "Bill" Bishop, 90, of Lima, died at 4:15 a.m. Dec. 21, 2011. He was born March 1, 1921, in Lima, to George Ambrose "Am" and Rose Eleanor Daley Bishop. On Oct. 16, 1944, he married Helen . . .
Helen Louise Fleming, 81, Rockford, died Dec. 21, 2011 at her home. She was born May 13, 1930, in Columbus Grove, to William Henry and Clara Barbara Merschman Landwehr. On Oct. 16, 1948, she married Harold Garwood, who died May . . .
Former Celina resident Margeurite "Marge" Moore, 92, Leesburg, Ind., died Dec. 21, 2011. She was born a twin daughter to Jack and Sybil Raftery. On Dec. 6, 1943, she married Bernard Moore, who died in 2002. Surviving are chil . . .