Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Saturday, January 28th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County expects to collect over 6 percent more in property taxes this year than it did in 2011. Farmland owners will see the biggest increase on their bills due mostly to a change in the way the state calculates Current A . . .
MARIA STEIN - Clutch free throw shooting down the stretch made the difference for the New Bremen Cardinals Friday night at the Hangar, which was quite an accomplishment considering lousy free throw shooting earlier on almost cost . . .
MINSTER - The Minster Wildcats have struggled offensively this season, and as a result, they have had a small margin for error. On Friday night the Wildcats combined a stout defensive effort and a solid second half of offense . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Haunted by hoarding compulsion
• Volleyball coach resigns over fundraiser account
• Baker happy with Reds' pitching additions
• Missed free throws costly in two-point Bulldogs' loss
• Indians overcome cold shooting with solid defensive effort
• St. Henry breaks it open in third quarter
• St. Marys unable to contain Defiance's Guilliam
• Clark's threes rallies Blue Jays past Tigers
Paul E. Cales, 71, St. Marys, died at 6:56 a.m. Jan. 26, 2012, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born April 11, 1940, in Greenup, Ky., to Henry and Esta Henson Cales. On June 4, 1988, he married Bo . . .