Saturday, February 4th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A proposed law to prevent freeway drivers from dawdling in the left lane raises concerns for law enforcement. House Bill 395 would prevent all vehicles on four-lane highways from traveling in the left-hand lane unless they are . . .
FORT RECOVERY - The gathering of the tribes at Fort Site Fieldhouse on Friday night was a good-old fashioned rivalry game with plenty of twists and turns. Fort Recovery overcame a sluggish start to get back into the game with . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Fire department nabs truck grant
• Library's services expand with aid of local tax dollars
• Bulldogs efficient offensively in win
• Cardinals beaten at the buzzer by Geise
• Cavaliers hold off late charge from Rangers
• Flyers bury Panthers with threes
• Roughriders struggle without injured Meyer
• Tigers dominate first half to beat Wildcats
Harvey C. Hileman, 96, Willshire, died Feb. 3, 2012, at Van Wert Inpatient & Hospice Center, Van Wert. He was the son of Elias A. and Eliza D. (Bilderback) Hileman. He married Mary E. Lautzenheiser, who died in January 1989. . . .
Mary Lou Osterholt, 85, Fort Recovery, died at 11:25 p.m. Feb. 2, 2012, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born Oct. 17, 1926, in St. Henry, to William Henry and Regina (Ebbing) Ahlers. On Oct. 20, 1948, she married E . . .
Cecelia Elizabeth Whitmer, 93, Celina, died at 8:25 a.m. Feb. 3, 2012, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Oct. 28, 1918, in Denver, Colo., to Sven and Esther (Allspach) Vegelin. On July 24, 1943, she . . .