Saturday, February 18th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The Mercer County Sheriff's Office continues to return indicted felons to the area to face charges. Sheriff Jeff Grey began the crackdown in 2010 after the new 100-bed Mercer County Detention Center opened. The old jail could h . . .
ROCKFORD - It was a long wait, but Parkway's boys basketball team won for the first time in 2012. It was a physical affair and Parkway emerged a 52-51 victory over New Bremen for the Panthers' second win of the season and the f . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Old case helping fund Grube double murder probe
• Eight companies want bridge work
• Two arrested on drug charges in Coldwater
• Fort Recovery alone on top MAC
• McAdams burns Celina for 36 in Elida victory
• Local boys' bowlers open postseason strong
• Marion Local holds on for victory
• St. Henry picks up eighth straight win
• Van Wert overcomes slow start vs. St. Marys
• Local swimmers hoping for some at-large berths
Former St. Marys resident Verti Lee Chaffins, 79, Bourbonnais, Ill., died Feb. 14, 2012, in the emergency room at Riverside Medical Center, Kankakee, Ill. She was born Nov. 26, 1932, in Mousie, Ky., to Edgle and Cordie Tuttle W . . .
S. Andrew Liming, 57, St. Marys, was found dead Feb. 17, 2012, at his residence. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Ruth Eleanore Holtzhauer Rohrbach, 88, St. Marys, died at 4:15 a.m. Feb. 17, 2012, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Nov. 26, 1923, to Joseph and Olvina Hoagland Holtzhauer. On May 11, 1946, she married Norman Rohrbach . . .
Walter E. Stemen, 64, Celina, died Feb. 17, 2012, at his residence. Service is pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Former Mendon resident Benny Young Jr., 57, Summerfield, Fla., died Feb. 16, 2012, from injuries received in an auto accident in Ocala, Fla. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons Hellwarth Funeral Home, Mendon. . . .