Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Local fruit growers aren't sleeping well. Blame Mother Nature. Oscar Jutte, owner of Jutte's Fruit Farm near Fort Recovery, has an alarm by his bedside that awakens him when the temperature reaches 32 degrees. He then heads o . . .
MONTEZUMA - The county is seeking more than a half million dollars in grant funds to buy 40 acres along Grand Lake as a natural habitat. The property is located near Prairie Creek, behind the Aqua View subdivision and adjacent . . .
ST. MARYS - A Lima appeals court on Monday upheld a local court ruling that sent a St. Marys man to prison one year ago for beating a man to death outside an area bar in 2010. The Third District Court of Appeals concurred with . . .
ROCKFORD - The Parkway Panthers got one big offensive inning and a solid relief effort from senior John Rollins to defeat the Fort Recovery Indians 6-5 in Midwest Athletic Conference baseball play on Thursday afternoon at Don Bla . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Owner seeks protection for land, woods near lake
• Van Wert wind may help power village
• Officials seek more funds for paving
• Change life's passion into your occupation
• Doctor: Don't rush to the emergency room
• Council dives into plans for new pool
• Resident concerned about rehiring retired teachers
• Coldwater district receives 32 applications for the high school principal position
• Police detective injured in accident
• Woman's life saved by wearing seat belt
• Shop recycling stylish clothes, decor
• Apps free workers from office
• Multimillion dollar expansion under way
• O-G scores seven in first two innings to beat Celina
• Cavaliers' track teams sweep quadrangular
• Blue Jays open MAC by edging Wildcats
Sandra Dawn Burnett, 51, Celina, died April 6, 2012, at Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born Oct. 3, 1960, in San Diego, Calif., to John and Ruth Hylton Burnett. Private family services will be held at the convenienc . . .