Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CARTHAGENA - Plans are ongoing for a company that wants to build an $11 million plant along U.S. 127 that makes organic fertilizer from livestock manure. Officials with Amiran Technologies recently met with neighbors and talked . . .
CELINA - The suspect in a reported home invasion Tuesday morning may have mistakenly entered the wrong residence, Celina Police Chief Dave Slusser said this morning. The unidentified man, who remains at large, may have been dru . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina clears wooded lot to make it more sellable to business developers
• No objections to county land sale
• Historical museum to get fresh paint
• Rural Celina roadwork planned
• Commissioners consider consulting firm
• Police search for suspect
• Crews will begin work on canal
• Merchants may light lamps downtown
• Day care opens in Fort Recovery
• Rain gets the win on Tuesday
• Lake Campus second-seed in ORCC tourney
Rita L. Wenning-Spraley, 89, North Star, died May 1, 2012, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Nov. 28, 1922, in Lakeview, to Carl and Irene Tate Hohl. Her husband, Alvin J. Spraley, survives. Also surviving are fo . . .
M. Donald Winkeljohn, 89, Celina, died at 4:25 p.m. April 29, 2012, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born May 20, 1922, in Celina to Harry J. and Edna Hartings Winkeljohn. On June 22, 1946, he married Vera Wimmers, who surv . . .
Former Celina resident Marjorie M. McElroy, 82, Monroe, Ind., died May 1, 2012, at Adams Memorial Hospital, Decatur, Ind. She was born May 14, 1929, in Van Wert County, to William H. and Iva B. Uncapher Walser. On June 1, 1947, . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4