Friday, May 11th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
WAPAKONETA - Record high sales tax revenue and low unemployment put Auglaize County in position for a promising future. "We truly believe we have an awesome story to tell," commissioner Doug Spencer said Thursday during the Wap . . .
BATH TOWNSHIP - Regardless of the sport, coaches will often say how difficult it is to beat the same team twice in a single season. Then defeating a team four times in just over a month must be next to impossible. However, th . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Lax laws for dog sellers put Ohio in the doghouse
• Two riding motorcycle hurt in crash
• County loan sought for growing day care
• Honeybees swarm when searching for new home
• Congregation hopes to raise funds for building sand dams in Kenya
• Schmackers pitches Cavs to sectional title
• Parkway captures outright MAC title
• Arm injury ended Post's promising baseball career
Fred R. Sipes, 68, St. Marys, died at 7:19 a.m. May 9, 2012, at his home. He was born July 15, 1943, in Lima, to Ray Robert and Hilda Mabel Virtue Sipes. On Aug. 14, 1969, he married June E. Whitesell, who survives. Other sur . . .
Dale L. Wattercutter, 66, Minster, died May 9, 2012, at his home. He was born Jan. 19, 1946, in Minster, to Albert and Leona Hartings Watercutter. Surviving are two siblings, Diane (Ron) Bickel, Versailles, and Randy (Kathy) . . .
Bernard C. Kruse, 86, St. Marys, died at 4:44 a.m. May 11, 2012, at Golden Living Center, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .