Thursday, May 31st, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Tuesday's rainfall was one of those "million dollar rains," Mercer County Farm Service Agency director Chris Gibbs says. The rain, ranging from 2.1 inches in some areas to 0.4 in others, followed on the heels of a hot, dry peri . . .
A Clermont County woman remains incarcerated on a $1 million bond after pleading not guilty Wednesday afternoon to charges stemming from a home invasion in the Mendon area. Patricia Ann Abrams, 32, of Batavia entered the plea t . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina's council rules getting revamp for clarity
• Director awarded funds to run department
• Woman facing theft charges
• Hometown Cable to offer service to Maria Stein and neighboring communities
• Summer concert series
• Wildcats, Rams bring veteran squads to state
• D-III athletes aiming for spot on the podium
• Celina's girls geared up for successful weekend
• State Projections for Local Athletes
Keith N. Balfour, 81, died at 8 p.m. May 17, 2012, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born Aug. 17, 1930, in Superior, Wisc., to Donald W. and Anna Marie Anderson Balfour. On May 26, 1972, he married Jacquelina "Jackie" Ford, . . .
Patricia Ann "Patsy" Dawson, 74, Celina, died at 12:15 a.m. May 30, 2012, at Celina Manor. She was born July 5, 1937, in Sand Fork, W.Va., to Glenn and Lenita Spicer Garrett. On Dec. 19, 1959, she married William C. "Bill" Daws . . .
Leonard T. Browning, 87, formerly of Harrison, died at 3:47 a.m. May 30, 2012, at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices, St. Marys. He was born Nov. 20, 1924, in Woodbine, Ky., to Andrew J. and Grace A. (Decker) Browning. On May 1 . . .