Thursday, July 19th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Authorities continue to investigate two arson fires that resulted in approximately $20,000 in damages to two men's restroom facilities at Eastview Park. They also are looking into the possibility that someone started a . . .
Ohio officials want new legislation that tracks man-made commercial fertilizer to understand how phosphorus runs into state water bodies. Details of the legislation, which could be introduced this year or next, are unknown. So . . .
Compiled by Ryan Hines When the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame inducts its 2013 class in May, three members of the 12-person class have strong ties to the Grand Lake area. Former St. Henry boy's basketball coach Fran Guilbaul . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Lyme disease cases swell
• Faulty line caused electrical problem, not high usage
• Demolition will change skyline
• Board of Elections purchases new software for voter registration
• Man sentenced to four years in prison
• Artist makes blanket statement with quilts
• Three to earn Lake Festival crowns
• Youngest winner to wear princess crown
• Outstanding Teen judges to consider talent, style, fitness, conversational skills
• Mariners lose on the the road against Docs
Vivian Gilbert, St. Marys, died July 18, 2012, at her residence. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home in St. Marys. . . .
Thomas Stone Jr., 76, Portland, Ind., died July 18, 2012, at his residence. He was born Dec. 30, 1935, to Thomas and Agnes Constable Stone. On Aug. 25, 1973, he married Betty Miller, who survives. Also surviving are a son, Br . . .
Loretta Schroer, 79, Coldwater, died July 18, 2012. Services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home in St. Henry. . . .