Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CHICKASAW - A USDA researcher says he would like to get 20 years worth of data from water monitoring stations to see which conservation practices work best at keeping nutrients on farmland and out of waterways. The biggest dam . . .
ST. HENRY - School buses - new, old and wrecked - were the topic of discussion Monday night. School board members continued a dialogue from March about the possibility of purchasing a 2013 school bus for $86,000. For the second . . .
FORT SHAWNEE - As is historically the case, the biggest obstacle standing between Celina and a Western Buckeye League girls tennis championship is Shawnee. For the fourth straight year, the Bulldogs needed to take down the Indi . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Night spot's fence a violation
• Celina pool will nearly break even
• Peddlers in city must register for license
• Town receives reduced state funds
• Treasurer retiring from Marion Local
• Mayor to begin interviews for safety service director
• Council discusses sidewalk petitions
• Busy day on the links at The Elks
• Coldwater, Marion Local ranked first in state poll
John "Jack" D. Frueh Jr., 69, Elida, died at 6:10 p.m. Sept. 8, 2012, at his residence. He was born May 18, 1943, in Lima, to John D. and Dorothea Frances Lowery Frueh. On June 6, 1964, he married Cordelia C. Yopp, who survives . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4