Thursday, September 27th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
BOWLING GREEN - The American people will decide which fundamentally different path the country will follow this election - a policy of top-down economics that has never worked or a rebuilding of the middle class. That's what Pr . . .
The Ohio Department of Education released partial state report cards to districts Wednesday after a month's delay. The hold-up is due to a statewide investigation launched by state auditor Dave Yost after accusations of data ta . . .
SPRINGFIELD - An exhibit at the Springfield Museum of Art will highlight an Indian Lake ceramic artist and former New Bremen elementary teacher who achieved national acclaim but never abandoned his small-town roots. Jack Earl: . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Hospital workers speak out against CEO, management
• Wine wants Supreme Court to review case
• Batteries can be health hazard
• Board OKs jumbo TV to generate ad revenue
• Superintendent search down to two
• Longtime chamber director Kill retiring after 14 years
• State-ranked teams set for Backyard Battle
• Bulldogs must avoid a letdown vs. Cougars
• Redskins' first win over Cavaliers came in 1979
• Flyers, Blue Jays face off Friday
• Grand Lake Football Primer
Richard Brown, 75, Celina, died Sept. 26, 2012, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys, is handling arrangements. . . .
Beverly A. Edwards, 75, Van Wert, died at 2:05 p.m. Sept. 26, 2012, at the Inpatient Hospice Center, Van Wert. She was born Oct. 8, 1936, in Dublin Township, Mercer County, to Victor and Wanda Krugh Shindeldecker. On Nov. 24, 1 . . .
Norman U. Menker, 82, St. Marys, died at 5:20 a.m. Sept. 26, 2012, at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices, St. Marys. He was born Aug. 6, 1930, in Dayton, to Alvin and Anna Heitbrink Menker. On July 2, 1955, he married Rosemary . . .
Mark Norton, 53, of Celina, died Sept. 26, 2012, at Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Mostly sunny, mild
Mostly sunny, mild