Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The last recorded execution by beheading was in Paris during September 1977. Recently, two Celina High School faculty members revived the antiquated form of capital punishment to amuse students. A 1/10th-scale replica . . .
Local residents have a positive view of farmers, a Wright State University-Lake Campus survey shows. Students in Greg Homan's agriculture society class developed and administered the survey to explore local perceptions of agric . . .
ST. MARYS - A local judge on Monday halted travel plans for convicted sex offender Douglas Wine who sought a job in Jamaica. Auglaize County Common Pleas Court Judge Frederick Pepple set a personal bond with conditions that pre . . .
It was the autumn of 1989 and at Fort Recovery High School there was a locker room loaded with volleyball players who were determined that this was going to be their year. In 15 seasons of volleyball action in the Midwest Athl . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Wangler wants Supreme Court to hear his case
• St. Henry loses funds to Granville Township
• Unemployment still lowest
• Officials plan to seek bids on former Piper property
• Prosecutor pursues felony conviction for optometrist
• Council approves forming Lions Club
• BOE seeks to sell unused building
• Arson fires still unsolved
• Village could save money with DP&L energy contract
• Unbeaten Titans grab top honors
• WBL champs have three first-teamers
• Roughriders place two on first team
• Local teams playing for postseason seeding
Karen Gillum, 50, Wapakoneta, died Oct. 22, 2012, at her home. Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys, are completing arrangements. . . .
Steven F. Grimes, 58, Celina, died at 3:47 p.m. Oct. 22, 2012, at his home. He was born July 8, 1954, in Celina to Donald H. and Martha L. Ludwig Grimes. His father is deceased; his mother survives in Fort Wayne, Ind. On Ma . . .
Nancy Hendricks, 71, Celina, died Oct. 22, 2012, at her home. W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina, is handling arrangements. . . .
Marie A. Neff, 75, formerly of Greenville, died at 2:30 a.m. Oct. 22, 2012, at The Gardens, Celina. She was born April 20, 1937, in Richmond, Ind., to Lewis and Esther Rhoades Grote. She married Harold H. Neff, who died May 11, . . .
Margaret "Peg" Ellen Snider, 63, Mendon, died at 11:15 p.m. Oct. 15, 2012, at her home. She was born April 6, 1949, in Celina to John Wiley and Winifred Skinner Maurer, who are deceased. On March 29, 1969, she married Dale E. S . . .
Saturday, August 1
Saturday, August 1
Sunday, July 26