Thursday, January 24th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - A Fort Recovery couple, who once harbored 140 dogs at their rural home, were found guilty of cruelty to a companion animal charges Wednesday morning in Celina Municipal Court. Robert L. Briner, 66, and Judith E. Briner . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Teacher Diane McClung turns off the lights as a few students lug a table toward the door, flip it over and prop it up. Other students add chairs and desks to help fortify the barricade. "Work together," McClung . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Councilman to retire, ex-mayor seeks office
• Funds left for septic replacement, other practices
• Rockford woman pleads guilty to embezzling
• Yarrow believes folk music has healing powers
• Redskins visit Blue Jays for matchup of MAC heavyweights
• Health a concern for Celina on Friday
• Cavaliers advance in state team tournament
• Lady Panthers of '78-'79 had a tremendous run
Victoria "Vicky" Lynn Otis, 66, Celina, died at 2:13 a.m. Jan. 22, 2013, at the Cleveland Clinic. She was born Sept. 11, 1946, in Celina, to Dr. James Otis and Betty Hamel, who are deceased. Surviving are a brother, Jim (Jan) . . .
Emmett H. Shoup Jr., 70, St. Marys, died Jan. 23, 2013, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Oct. 3, 1942, in Moulton, to Emmett and Evelyn Katter Shoup Sr. He married Sandra K. Moots on May 25, 1963, and she survive . . .
Margaret Elizabeth (Now) Weitz, 103, Hillsboro, went to be with the Lord on Jan. 22, 2013. She was born Sept. 20, 1909, in Hopewell Township, to John H. and Nettie (Smith) Now. On Oct. 4, 1930, she married Clarence Weitz, who d . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4