Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
By Christine Henderson
ST. MARYS - Setex Inc. broke ground this week for a 40,000-square-foot addition to its welding facility at 1701 McKinley Road, St. Marys. Completion is expected by the end of May.
The expansion will mean additional production jobs at the company's two facilities on McKinley Road, Scott Rosenbeck, human resources manager, said. The number of jobs to be added in late 2013 and early 2014 has not been determined.
Early next year the company will expand its operations by supplying additional seating components to Honda of America for the Acura automobile. The building expansion is needed for the Acura business, according to a news release.
The current welding facility is at capacity and makes complete seat frames for the Honda Accord, Pilot and Acura MDX vehicles.
Setex, an affiliate of A Tachi-S Ltd./Johnson Controls Inc. Co., has been an automotive supplier to Honda for 25 years.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Minster only local district expected to see more funding
• Partisan candidates file
• Residents to benefit from welfare system upgrade
• Man enters guilty plea
• Minster resident appears in movie
• Cross to perform on stage at Niswonger Performing Arts Center
• MAC championship chase enters the final stretch
• Celina is hosting Kenton on Friday
• Kauffman decides to play football at Dayton
• Kanney will run at Ohio State as preferred walk-on
• Cavs' trio to play football in college