Thursday, February 7th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The state eventually wants to install an automated system to open and shut two tubes on the West Bank spillway to regulate Grand Lake's water level. The second test to gain data to implement the system and establis . . .
COLDWATER - The Versailles wrestling team earned a berth in the Division III state tournament after a 37-26 victory over Coldwater in Wednesday's regional final at The Palace. The Tigers now advance to Saturday's team state tou . . .
ST. MARYS - Setex Inc. broke ground this week for a 40,000-square-foot addition to its welding facility at 1701 McKinley Road, St. Marys. Completion is expected by the end of May. The expansion will mean additional production j . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Minster only local district expected to see more funding
• Partisan candidates file
• Residents to benefit from welfare system upgrade
• Man enters guilty plea
• Minster resident appears in movie
• Cross to perform on stage at Niswonger Performing Arts Center
• MAC championship chase enters the final stretch
• Celina is hosting Kenton on Friday
• Kauffman decides to play football at Dayton
• Kanney will run at Ohio State as preferred walk-on
• Cavs' trio to play football in college
Gordon L. Geeslin, 77, Celina, died at 10:50 p.m. Feb. 5, 2013, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. He was born June 14, 1935, in Tuscaloosa, Ala., to William M. and Lola Lee Burgess Geeslin. On Oct. 20, 1959, he married Connie Sue H . . .
Michael Gabes, 64, St. Marys, died Feb. 6, 2013, at Kindred Hospital, Lima. Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys, is handling arrangements. . . .