Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The looming sequestration - federal funding cuts dawning Friday if Congress and President Obama don't cut a deal - could impact services locally. Mercer County Head Start Director Carol Schroyer is preparing to slash 8 . . .
CELINA - Plumbing supply giant Ferguson on Monday was tapped for a 45 percent state tax credit for its proposed business east of the city. The company was one of seven across the state approved for tax breaks by the Ohio Tax Cr . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Council: Building purchase once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
• County FSA offices may be affected
• Street construction project nears final approval
• Council members give approval to seek Safe Routes to School grant
• Flotilla hopes to recruit new members
• Finishing touches put on annual banquet
• Anonymous complaint leads to charges of falsifying timecard
• Renovation projects evaluated by council
• Coldwater's Collett and Post excited for opportunity at state
• Lakers have more depth in year two
Alva F. Kittle, 90, Piqua, died at 9:29 p.m. Feb. 24, 2013, at Upper Valley Medical Center. He was born Dec. 18, 1922, in Bradford to Frank and Florence Kittle, grew up in Celina and raised his family in Piqua. He married Anna . . .
Shirley A. Mertz, Celina, died at 10:50 a.m. Feb. 25, 2013, at her home. Funeral services are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Elsie C. VanOss, 95, Minster, died at 3:15 a.m. Feb. 25, 2013, at Heritage Manor Nursing Center in Minster. She had been a resident there for nine years. She was born June 19, 1917, in Fort Loramie, to Albert and Amelia Boerger . . .
James A. Adams, 84, St. Marys, died at 9:45 p.m. Feb. 22, 2013, at St. Marys Living Center. He was born Sept. 27, 1928, in St. Marys to Oscar and Idabelle Rickman Adams, who are deceased. Surviving are a daughter, Susan (Vern . . .