Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
By Margie Wuebker
Minster info goes mobile
MINSTER - The village of Minster has launched a mobile app, making information available at a person's fingertips.
Branding committee members have been analyzing online traffic since the new village website, www.minsteroh.com, was launched in February 2012.
"In the past six months, 25 percent of the Web traffic to our site has been from mobile users," committee member Matt Quinter said. "It's evident that the number of mobile users is only going to increase, so we felt it was important to address that in a proactive way."
The app can be downloaded from the village website.
The mobile version includes a village contact list for quick access to telephone numbers. It also offers an events calendar, the Town Crier blog, a business directory and public notices. Users also may report a problem and sign up for the online village newsletter.
The mobile site was designed and developed by Minster-based Midnet Media.
Additional online stories for this date
Print edition only stories for this date
• Four St. Marys officials will make sister city trip
• Official concerned weight could affect road wear
• BOE OKs retire/rehire of teachers
• Development director to speak at community event
• Man enters not guilty plea by reason of insanity
• Local hoops standouts honored by District 8