Thursday, March 28th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The last 16 months were unsettling for Mercer County Sheriff Jeff Grey. Were murderers on the loose in the county? The question haunted him after the bodies of Robert and Colleen Grube were found slain in their rural Fort Recov . . .
NEW BREMEN - A New Bremen resident testified before the United Nations last week in an effort to keep antique firearms out of the proposed Arms Trade Treaty. Rebecca Waterman, president of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Asso . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Extradition of suspect under way
• 16 months of investigating
• Celina officials study allowing solar panels
• Group shapes plan to boost public health
• Neil Armstrong Airport improves economy for Auglaize County: manager
• Local man found guilty of vehicular homicide
• Motivational speaker urges kids to work hard, have fun
• 2012-13 Boys Basketball Dream Team
• Obringer was a star on the diamond for Indians
Bruce VanDine, 54, St. Marys, died unexpectedly March 27, 2013, at his home. Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys, is handling arrangements. . . .
Margaret J. Vian, 74, formerly of Celina, died March 14, 2013, in Arizona. She was cremated in Arizona. Burial will follow at St. Henry Cemetery at a later date. Arrangements were by Hogenkamp Funeral Home. . . .
Gloria Barnett, 71, Celina, died at 2 p.m. March 27, 2013, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Funeral arrangements are pending at Thomas E. Bayliff Funeral Home, Spencerville. . . .
Francis S. "Brow" Carmean, 93, St. Marys, died at 4:20 a.m. March 27, 2013, at the Golden Living Center in St. Marys. He was born July 1, 1919, in St. Marys, to Stephen and Cina (Bowman) Carmean. On Dec. 22, 1945, he married Gr . . .
Urban A. Grevenkamp, "The Watkins Man," 89, Celina, died March 27, 2013, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born June 8, 1923, in Cassella, to Henry and Mary Kemper Grevenkamp. On June 23, 1951, he married Alice Post in . . .