Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - With memorable catch phrases like "Nip it in the bud!" Barney Fife was one of the most popular characters on the iconic "Andy Griffith Show," which, thanks to endless reruns, remains an American classic sitcom. Scott E . . .
ST. MARYS - The results of a preliminary study of the St. Marys electrical grid shows an estimated $5 million of work needed over the next 7 years. City electrical superintendent Joel Johns told council members during their reg . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina officials seek to abolish design review commission
• BP decides not to sell its wind energy division
• Marion BOE approves 20-year tax deferment
• Coldwater hires assistant finance director
• St. Henry BOE ponders levy action to keep state dollars
• St. Henry Main Street work complete
• Celina sets school record
Harold J. "Doc" Knapke, 91, and his wife, Ruth L. Knapke, 89, Russia, and formerly of Fort Recovery, both passed away Aug. 11, 2013, at Versailles Health Care Center. They shared a room and passed away approximately 10 hours from . . .
Norma Delores Muether Winemiller entered into eternal rest at 10 p.m. Aug. 11, 2013, at her home in Neptune, surrounded by her loving family. She was born Sept. 29, 1934, in Celina, to George and Minnie Gertz Muether. On Feb. 2 . . .