Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The Lake Facilities Authority officially met for the first time Tuesday as a state-recognized group focused on improving Grand Lake's water quality. Its board of directors - commissioners from Mercer and Auglaize count . . .
WAPAKONETA - Officials with Auglaize County's park district are looking for volunteers to help with a levy campaign to fund the creation and maintenance of parks in the county. Heritage Trails Park District Director Allison Bra . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Panel discusses death
• County seeks grant for lake land purchase
• New Bremen canal path moves ahead
• Evidentiary hearing set Dec. 18 for suspect in Grube slayings
• Watershed coordinator reviews objectives
• Lawn care service rehired
• Celina rallies past Shawnee, St. Marys knocked out of postseason after being shut out against Bath
• Rangers and Flyers cruise to victories
• Important final two weeks for Celina and Minster
Robert L. Buschur, 89, North Star, passed away Oct. 22, 2013, at his home. He was born March 13, 1924, in Cincinnati, to Edward and Josephine (Brinker) Buschur. On Aug. 23, 1947, he married Rita Meyer in North Star, where she s . . .
Karen S. Ross, 69, entered into eternal rest at 7:18 p.m. Oct. 21, 2013, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born March 15, 1944, to Andrew and Lela (Kincaid) Black. On June 14, 1963, she married Richard "S . . .
Aloys S. "Junior" Sommer Jr., 80, New Bremen, died at 6:15 p.m. Oct. 21, 2013, at Elmwood Assisted Living, New Bremen. He was born Sept. 15, 1933, in Fort Loramie, to Aloys and Marie (Bergman) Sommer. On Nov. 10, 1956, he marri . . .
Kaycee E. Goins, daughter of Trevor and Kylie (Wood) Goins, St. Marys, was stillborn at 5:10 a.m. Oct. 21, 2013, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. In addition to her parents, she is survived by a brother, Williams Goins. Also . . .