Friday, October 25th, 2013
Area Halloween events slated
By Daily Standard Staff
Several community Halloween activities - from parades to trick-or-treat nights - are planned locally. Scheduled events include:
• Celina: Lions Club Halloween Parade in downtown Celina, 2:30 p.m. Sunday, followed by trick-or-treat 4-6 p.m.
• Coldwater: Halloween Parade at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the Coldwater Methodist Church, followed by trick-or-treat 2-4 p.m.
• Rockford: Trick or treat 6-7:30 p.m. Saturday
• Mendon: Trick-or-treat 4:30-6:30 p.m. Saturday, followed by costume judging at 7 p.m. at the Mendon firehouse.
Contestants will be grouped by grade; an adult category also will be available. Prizes will be awarded for the first three places in each group.
A chili supper will take place at the firehouse 4-7 p.m. with soups, sandwiches, desserts and drinks available.
• Maria Stein: Halloween Parade at 1 p.m. Sunday beginning at the east side of the St. John Church rectory off Jefferson Street and ending at the Marion Township Park shelter house, where there will be cookies, beverages and treats. Children may go trick-or-treating until 3:30 p.m. with residents in Chapel Hill Subdivision and along St. John Road and state Route 119 asked to put on a front light if they are participating.
• Chickasaw: Halloween party 1 to 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the VFW shelter house. Trick-or-treating in the village will follow until 3 p.m. with participating residents turning on porch lights
• St. Henry: K of C Halloween Parade at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Walnut & Washington streets; trick-or-treat is 2-4 p.m.
• Fort Recovery: Downtown Merchants parade 3 p.m. Sunday, followed by judging, with trick-or-treat, 4-6 p.m.
• Burkettsville: Trick-or-treat 1-2:30 p.m. Sunday
• St. Marys: Trick-or-treat 6-8 p.m. Thursday
• New Bremen: Cider Time 1 p.m. Sunday, lineup at New Bremen Elementary/Junior High School and proceed to Crown Pavilion for refreshments and costume judging; trick-or-treat, 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday
• Minster: Trick-or-treat 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesday