Friday, December 6th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Third-graders who failed the reading portion of the Ohio Achievement Assessment test in the fall are getting extra help to improve their chances of passing it when it is administered again in the spring. As part of the state's . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Marion Local's game-changing run to end the third quarter turned a close game into a blowout as the Flyers opened Midwest Athletic Conference action with a 63-46 victory over Fort Recovery on Thursday night at For . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Local leader says farm bill is 'nowhere'
• Farmers reportedly ready for manure application ban
• Scam phone calls target local bank's customers
• Walsh gets suspended sentence
• Bank robbery suspect due in court Dec. 16
• Auglaize sheriff seeks budget boost
• Pressure defense lifts Cavs over Redskins
• Celina defeated at home by Elida in WBL opener
Mary Gertrude Tekamp, 97, Coldwater, died Dec. 6, 2013, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Dec. 9, 1915, in Versailles, to the late Daniel W. and Edith McGreevey Kissinger. On June 21, 1941, she married La Mar "Bud" . . .
Lee Leugers, 94, Clayton, died Dec. 2, 2013, at home from brain cancer. Of German descent, he was born Jan. 4, 1920, in North Star, to Henry and Josephine Zumbrink Leugers. He is survived by his wife of 41 years, Flora; a . . .