Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
His-N-Hers Styling Salon
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MONTEZUMA - The county is buying more than 42 acres of land near Windy Point to protect existing habitat, promote wetlands and prevent development near Grand Lake. The cost to Mercer County for the Windy Point Nature Park acqui . . .
Area sheriffs say proposed new state standards could increase liability and costs at local jails. The standards created by the Ohio Jail Advisory Board could be approved this month by the Joint Committee on Agency Rule Review f . . .
NEW BREMEN - Village council members Tuesday night decided not to renew participation in the American Municipal Power's Energy Smart program and pocket the nearly $90,000 participation fee. The three-year contract with AMP expi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Parkway adjusts classes to meet Core standards
• Auglaize board to address health problems
• Officials approve creation of Lake Facilities Authority
• Suspect in old murder seeks to suppress evidence in case
• Coldwater school officials to present safety plan at next board meeting
• Domestic call leads to recovery of gun, marijuana
• Investigation of local fatal crash continues
• Coroner cites asphyxia as cause in bridge death
• Women launch physical therapy clinic
• Flyers put Raiders away in fourth quarter
• Horstman earns First Team honors
Richard A. "Rick" Moon, III, 36, St. Marys, died March 9, 2014, near his home on Washington Pike. He was born Feb. 26, 1978, in St. Marys, to Richard and Cheryl (Carpenter) Moon. He married Michelle Kittel on Oct. 25, 2008, and . . .
Thomas L. Gabel, 82, formerly of New Knoxville, died March 15, 2014, at Gulfside Regional Hospice in Zephyrhills, Fla. He was born Jan. 9, 1932, in Columbus, to William Henry and Ruth (McPherson) Gabel. On Jan. 31, 1953, in Was . . .
Donald L. "Mick" McDermitt, 81, St. Marys, died at 2:30 a.m. March 6, 2014, at Lima Memorial Hospital after a long battle with leukemia. He was born Aug. 31, 1932, in New Bremen, to Clarence "Shorty" and Cordelia (Quellhorst) M . . .
Ralph P. Staugler, 90, Fort Recovery, died March 12, 2014, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .
Dorothy Cook, 84, Celina, passed away March 11, 2014, at The Miller House, Celina. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .