Tuesday, March 11th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A 40-year-old Celina woman was killed this morning when her car struck the rear of a mobile crane along state Route 29 near Harris Road. Heather McCormick, 7495 Staeger Road, was pronounced dead at the scene by Mercer County Co . . .
Megan Campbell doesn't graduate from college until May, but she is already taking over one of the most dominant volleyball programs in the state of Ohio. Campbell was formally hired as head coach at Marion Local on Monday night . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• St. Henry board allows Hemmelgarn to coach
• Police chief obtains office in village's three schools
• Police department continues transition to new building
• St. Marys may hire consultant for meter reading system
• Celina council moves to OK selling grave plots
• Marion Local board approves continuing open enrollment
• Council discusses computer problems
• St. Marys school board discusses improvements
• Area Athlete Roundup: A look at area athletes on the college and pro level
• Mercer joblessness still lowest in Ohio
Monte L. Anderson, 59, was called into the presence of the Lord at 9:09 p.m. March 6, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center. He was born June 13, 1954, in Celina, to Warren and Betty Kallmeyer-Fox Anderson. His mother survives in . . .
Paul D. Helmer, 20, St. Marys, died March 8, 2014, at his residence. He was born Oct. 29, 1993, in Dayton, to Derrill and Deborah Rogge Helmer. His father survives in St. Marys and his mother survives in Dayton. Other survivo . . .
Kenneth Vail, 64, Celina, died March 5, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. He was born Dec. 21, 1949, in Indiana, to Harold and Ottie Vail. He is survived by a friend, Jona Jones, Celina. Arrangements are being handl . . .
Thomas L. Gabel, 82, formerly of New Knoxville, died March 9, 2014, in Zephyrhills, Fla. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4