Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Long-term ice cover and the lowering of Grand Lake's water level this winter are blamed for widespread damage to area boat docks. Kent Shaner of Shinn Brothers, Celina, on Tuesday inspected more than a dozen docks at t . . .
CELINA - Cheryl Ann Programs Superintendent Mike Overman will retire in December after serving as head of the agency for more than 32 years. Overman, 64, told the newspaper Tuesday he's had a wonderful run and believes it's tim . . .
COLDWATER - It took some time for Coldwater to get its offense going. Once that happened, the Cavaliers dominated, scoring twice in the fifth to take the lead and then scoring five in the sixth to defeat Lima Central Catholic 7 . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Council discusses curbing outside vendors
• Health board seeks cure for study results
• Lake Shore property to be used for events
• Coldwater board learns gains fewer than expected in program
• Accused hospital hacker pleads to lesser charge
• Public input sought for business loans
• County to pursue funding for proposed treatment train project
• Bulldogs win WBL opener
• Flyers rally to beat Redskins
• Minster baseball to hold Hospice fundraiser
Patricia A. Vorhees Shivley, 77, Convoy, went to be with her Lord and Savior at 7:10 p.m. April 7, 2014, at Vancrest Nursing Home, Convoy. She was born May 5, 1936, in Celina, to Russel and Goldie Silvers Vorhees. On July 11, . . .
Betty J. Sudman, 88, St. Marys, died at 9:25 a.m. April 7, 2014, at Miller House in Celina. She was born Oct. 27, 1925, in Cridersville, to Clarence E. and Ida Baber Thomas. On March 11, 1944, she married Donald E. Sudman at Zi . . .
Elizabeth "Betty" Jutte, 81, Yorkshire, died at 9:04 a.m. April 8, 2014, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born Dec. 27, 1932, in Yorkshire, to Henry and Elizabeth Thieman Homan. She was married to Walter . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4