Friday, April 11th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Tourism in Mercer and Auglaize counties gained momentum last year with an 8 percent increase over 2012. Tourism dollars contributed to the local economy totaled $48.6 million in 2013, up $4.1 million from 2012, Donna G . . .
CELINA - Trailing Marion Local 3-2 in the bottom of the 12th inning, Celina sophomore Melody Donovan stepped up to the plate with two runners on base and two outs. "When I got up, I was visualizing a hit," Donovan said. Wh . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Taxes on ag land to rise next year
• Area dairyman contends farmers being picked on
• Industrial park bids come in under estimate
• Visitors bureau honors members
• New local church puts focus on mission
• Luebke tosses shutout as Bulldogs down Wildcats
• Wildcats sweep home triangular meet
Bobby Perry Sr., 65, Celina, died at 6:18 p.m. April 9, 2014, at Amishville Campgrounds, Geneva, Ind. He was born April 15, 1948, in Fonde, Ky., to William and Marie Atkins Perry. On Dec. 2, 1967, he married Mary Henderson, who . . .
Cynthia J. Vogan, 60, Celina, passed away April 10, 2014, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Dennis F. Winner, 72, New Weston, died April 10, 2014. Funeral arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .